Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting the new year with a CLEAN start

Today is the 1st of a new year.  I decided about a week ago that I would start the first month of the new year on a detox.  I am going to use Arbonne's 30-day healthy living plan.  I will eat clean, organic foods.  I will avoid allergens and addictive foods.  This means I will avoid dairy, gluten, soy, peanuts, coffee, etc.


I prepared myself by spending the 30th and the 31st skipping coffee and diet pepsi (my favorite things to consume).  I also attempted to avoid dairy.  I say attempted because I accidentally took a few bites out of Maya's mac & cheese.  Honestly, this is my problem - right?!  I stick food in my mouth without even thinking.  After I swallowed the bite I thought "WTF did I just do?!?!"  


I think I will give myself credit for 2 or the 3 days as dairy-free.  I am really proud of this because cheese is my other passion.


I planned to start to start this journey on the 1st with the 30th & 31st as a dry run.  Then I realized I did not have the food I needed to be successful.  I have my shopping list ready. I know what I need....I just cannot go shopping until I get paid. 


So....I am committed to a modified version of the cleanse.   I am not throwing out the idea because I do not have the food. I will have my 2 shakes, I am avoiding dairy, caffeine, coffee.  I am eating clean.  I did have peanut butter in my shake because I did not have almond butter.  


I am confident this is better than the eating habits I had 5 days ago! 


So....here we go.  Day by day.  I will be healthy.  I will avoid foods that I am clearly addicted to.  This is not a short term fix.  This is a new path.  I am ready to take it....

0 comments:

Post a Comment